Just a few blooms now . . .
What is "The Cloud" and why do I need it?
- Dropbox - cloud storage. Users get 5GB storage free. Many mobile apps can connect to Dropbox for additional storage. There is also a Dropbox app used to manage the files you have stored there.
- iCloud - Apple's cloud storage service. It supports synchronizing email, calendars, contacts and other basic information between your devices and desktop as well as providing an online location to backup the contents of your iPhone and iPad.
- Amazon Cloud Drive - cloud storage. Users get 5GB free.
- Box - cloud storage. Users get 5GB free.
- Mozy - cloud backup.
- Carbonite - cloud backup.
Back in June, during its WWDC conference, Apple released the beta version of its iWork for iCloud applications to registered developers, but now the online programs are slowly being released to general iCloud members. iWork for iCloud is a suite of online office applications (consisting of Pages, Keynote, and Numbers) that sync with the Mac and iOS versions of the programs. The online versions of iWork mirror most of the main features of the desktop versions, and users will be able to import and edit Word files online as well. The final version of iWork for iCloud will likely be...
Read the full article: How the New iWork for iCloud Works With Your Apple Devices
- - Denise